Monday, December 30, 2013

Is Social Media Really a Professional Necessity?


There are valid reasons to abstain from using social media. Perhaps you're concerned about privacy or maybe just feel it's not a good use of your time. Still, some level of participation is expected in many professional circles. If you've got advice to share, jump in and help out a fellow reader. Antisocial Media writes: At one time, I was an avid user of social media sites, but I pretty much gave up on it a while back. I deleted most of my accounts. I kept my Facebook and Twitter accounts, but I never really use them. I just don't have the interest anymore and I grew uncomfortable with the amount of personal information these services collect. People in my workplace are surprised that I'm not more active online and I'm starting to wonder how much it's really expected these days. Especially as I think about looking for a new job, and seeing how engaged other people are outside the workplace, I'm wondering if being anti social media is a mistake. Have some advice for Antisocial Media? Post it below!

No comments:

Post a Comment